Based in Melbourne, Australia
March 1, 2015
Press / Business contact:
Hyper Jam is a neon-soaked arena brawler for 2-4 friends.
With a hard-hitting combination of lethal weapons, stacking powerups, furious round combat and a killer soundtrack by notorious synthwave artists Dance With the Dead and Vulta, Hyper Jam is a local multiplayer title that'll have you coming back for more.
Hyper Jam was greenlit in under three days after an extremely positive response by the community.
- Beautiful and dangerous arenas to play on, ranging from a Miami hotel rooftop to a Neo-Tokyo subway
- A strong selection of 80s inspired characters to play as
- A deadly range of weapons to wreak havoc with, plus laser strikes once you've been eliminated
- A wide pool of unique powerups, ensuring no two games are ever the same
- Custom game rules to tweak or spice up the experience (Hammers only anyone?)
HistoryOrigin and PAX Australia 2015
In March 2015 a team of Swinburne University game students were formed and began development on Reincarnage, which was later renamed to Hyper Jam. After months of hard work the team was finally able to show off their game to the PAX Aus 2015 audience as part of the Swinburne booth. The team was excited by the reaction to Hyper Jam, and decided to continue development.PAX Australia 2016
Over the next year the team worked nights and weekends on the game, overhauling and polishing every aspect. The new Hyper Jam has been rebranded with a new logo and UI style, new characters, redesigned levels, and the tweaking of many mechanics. The team will be showcasing the game again at PAX Aus 2016 — this time as part of PAX Rising — and look forward to getting the game into the hands of players.
PAX Aus Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Hyper Jam, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Visual Designer/UI Programmer